Monday, March 31, 2008

DARPA's robot mule

I can’t decide whether or not this is the coolest thing I have ever seen or the creepiest. Probably both. This robot reminds me of a mini-me version of Star Wars’ AT-AT and has hyper-responsive hydraulic joints controlled by a hundred sensors, accelerometers and gyroscopes that allow it to walk, climb and maintain its balance on diverse terrain, recover its balance after slipping on ice or receiving a kick to the side! Just watch the video and be amazed. You have to watch the whole thing. I’ve seen it 4 times and my mouth is still on the floor. Read the full story on PopularScience.com.

3 comments:

A & W + E = Coleman said...

Wow!!! This is creepy. It is machines like this that are going to become independently intelligent and take over the world.

Brandi said...

I agree with Wick. I am afraid of this crap. Although, I would be up for one that does dishes and washes laundry.

Taylor Weaver said...

It's funny because last night I was watching Terminator 2: Judgement Day and suddenly all the sci-fi robot wizardry doesn't seem all that unbelievable.